XPoNential Festival 2012: Fun in the Sun (and Rain)
XPoNential Festival 2012 kicked off on Friday, July 20th and ran for three full days before wrapping up on Sunday night.
This year’s festival featured a wide range of popular music acts. Most notable amongst them were Wilco, The Avett Brothers, Counting Crows, and Dr. Dog.
The rain on Friday didn’t damper the crowd, both young and old, from rocking out to numerous bands at Wiggins Park on the Camden waterfront. Friday’s highlights included Ozomatli, The Hold Steady, Dawes, and JC Brooks. We also thought that Kathleen Edwards performance on Saturday was magnificent. Her amazing voice was a calming presence in the extreme heat.
Dr. Dog, The Avett Brothers, and Wilco all performed inside of Susquehanna Bank Center on Saturday. Wilco was definitely the highlight of the day and had the crowd going completely nuts.
The Counting Crows headlined the SBC on Sunday.
You can download a sampler of XPoNential Festival featuring many other bands who performed this year such as Good Old War and The War on Drugs (as well as many others) from XPN by CLICKING HERE!
The Key’s XPoNential Music Festival 2012 Sampler
1. Dana Alexandra “The Summer Song” (live from Free at Noon)
2. City Rain “Real Good” (Key Studio Session)
3. Dr. Dog “Lonesome” (Live at the World Cafe)
4. Good Old War “Better Weather” (live from Free at Noon)
5. Work Drugs “Third Wave” (Key Studio Session)
6. The Bailey Hounds “Those Devils Don’t Scare Me” (Key Studio Session)
7. The War on Drugs “Brothers” (Key Studio Session)
8. Dave Hause “C’mon Kid” (Key Studio Session)
9. City Rain “I’m Gone” (Key Studio Session)
10. The Bailey Hounds “Along The Gallows” (Key Studio Session)
11. Dana Alexandra “You Will or You Won’t” (live from Free at Noon)
12. Work Drugs “Curious Serge” (Key Studio Session)
13. Good Old War “Calling Me Names” (live from Free at Noon)
14. The War on Drugs “Black Water Falls” (Key Studio Session)
You can view a full photo gallery from Friday and Saturday at XPoNential Festival below [photo credit: Laura Lynn Photography]: